Advanced Charity Finance (LONDON)
This half day course is aimed at charity finance professionals with experience of working in the sector and builds on the knowledge gained in the Foundation Charity Finance course.
The session combines interactive group discussions with plenary teaching, and is entirely case study based, allowing participants to gain a practical understanding of issues such as:
- Reading of accounts and developments in accounting policies
- Reporting and impact
- Risk, reserves and investment policies
- In depth discussion of current tax rules, including trading income, gift aid and investment
- Outline of applicable VAT, including recoverable vs irrecoverable VAT, exemptions and zero rating.
Participants will find it helpful to bring their annual report and accounts with them.
Who should attend:
- People new to charities but with previous financial experience
- Those familiar with general accounting and reporting concepts who are looking to update their current knowledge
- This course is ideal for those who want to broaden their knowledge of what other charities may be doing.
*Please note: this course is for registered charities only.
Next course dates
1 March 2017
20 June 2017
21 November 2017
If the event you’re interested in is already fully booked or the dates currently advertised are not suitable for you, please email email@example.com let us know which course you are interested in attending. You will be promptly informed of any new dates as soon as these become available.
We are always trying to improve and develop our current training portfolio. If there is any other training that you would like to attend, but we are currently not offering it, please let us know and will give it our full consideration.
This course is run in association with: