Foundation Charity Finance (BIRMINGHAM)
This popular one day introductory course is aimed at people who are comfortable with finance matters, and concentrates on what is different in the world of charity finance. The main sessions focus on accounting under the SORP, and the direct tax and VAT regimes, all presented by experts in their field. Other topics include the annual report, audit, handling investments and charity sector financials. This is predominately a taught day but with time for questions and discussion throughout. Charity participants will find it helpful to bring their annual report and accounts with them.
Who is this course aimed at?
- those new to charities but have some previous commercial or financial experience
- those who have worked in charities for a while but have no formal finance training
- treasurers, finance staff or chief executives who want an overview of charity finance
* Important notice - this course is for registered charities only.
What will the course cover?
- The financial and regulatory framework
- SORP 2015
- Audits and examinations
- Gift aid and tax exemptions
- Investment management
- Financial management issues
Next course dates
Upcoming course dates are listed below. Click on the links to view further details and booking information:
28th September 2017
If the event you’re interested in is fully booked or the dates advertised are not suitable for you, please email email@example.com and let us know which course you are interested in attending. You will be promptly informed of any new dates as soon as these become available.
We are always trying to improve our training portfolio. If you would like training on a topic which is not currently offered, please let us know and we will give it our full consideration.
This course is provided by