We’re looking for a Finance Officer to support our small and busy finance team, as a part of our Customer and Business Support Directorate. The ideal candidate will be naturally well-organised, have excellent MS Excel skills, be quality-focused with great communication skills and also have a friendly, calm approach. This role requires a quick learner who can manage a high workload and has a sound understanding of financial accounts, credit control, debt recovery and charity accounting.
We believe the most productive, successful and enjoyable organisations to work for are the ones that champion collaboration, innovation and creativity. We want nothing more than for each individual to get inspired by what we do and generate ideas and more effective ways of working. We want each person to grow during their time with us and help move us closer to achieving our goals.
Why work for us?
There is lots of potential for development for talented individuals within CFG, and we provide an excellent platform for career progression within the sector. We are a friendly, supportive and committed team and we enjoy the work that we do and our proud of our contribution to the sector.
We have a superb range of benefits available to our team:
- 25 days annual leave per year in addition to Bank Holidays, increasing to 28 days after 3 years of continuous service (pro rata if part-time)
- An extra 3 days’ leave for the office Christmas closure
- A generous flexi policy which allows employees to create a work-life balance
- A wide range of training courses and development opportunities – including access to CFG conferences and training
- An Employee Assistance Programme that is a free, confidential service which provides useful information, practical support and counselling on a wide range of work, family and personal issues
- Access to eye care and childcare vouchers
- Auto enrolled to the Personal Pension Plan where CFG will contribute twice your contribution to the scheme up to 10%
- Access to a season ticket loan or bicycle purchase loan to help ease the cost of travel in London (subject to completion of probation period).
About Charity Finance Group
The purpose of CFG is to develop a financially-confident, dynamic and trustworthy charity sector.
Our 1,400+ members are charity finance professionals, who between them manage £21bn of funds. We strive to equip charities with the knowledge, skills and conditions they need to ensure that every pound works even harder, achieving a greater impact for even more beneficiaries.
How to apply
Please read the job description and person specification (pdf opens in new window)
Complete the application form
Send us your completed application form and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention where you heard about the role!
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Laura Millar, HR Coordinator at email@example.com
Deadline: 22 June 2018 - We will be reviewing candidates as and when we receive CVs and applications and will appoint as soon as we meet the right person. Therefore to avoid disappointment please apply early. This position is available immediately.