Bates Wells is ranked by Chambers and Legal 500 as the leading charity and social enterprise lawyers in the UK.
Our lawyers are personally committed to the charity sector – holding at least 60 trusteeships and sitting on many sector committees and commissions.
Our extensive client base includes service providers, grant-making foundations, philanthropists, public authorities and campaigning organisations. Their diverse causes span the world of voluntary endeavour, including aid and development, human rights, animal welfare, social housing, science, health and social care, the arts, the environment, minorities, faith and worship, community development and regeneration, and education.
Our specialist legal services for charities include:
- Establishment and registration of new organisations including charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs)
- Fundraising and tax advice
- Internal disputes
- Advice on grants and contracts
- Restructuring – from incorporations through to mergers and group re-organisations
- Compliance and regulatory work
- Political activities and campaigning
- Public procurement and state aid
- Social finance
Charities are also at the heart of many of our other practice areas and teams, which means they are used to dealing with the specialist requirements of the sector – from an employment team which understand clients with volunteers, to a property team which is familiar with the requirements of trust law, and a dispute resolution team which knows when restrictions apply to charity litigation.
For more information or to discuss how we can help your charity, please contact Abbie Rumbold on 020 7551 7755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or see our website: www.bateswells.co.uk