This course will explain charity finance for those from a non-financial background. By the end of the day, participants will have more understanding and greater confidence when working with budgets and accounts.
This session will cover:
- Overview of differing legal structures and annual reporting requirements
- Record keeping - including overview of different fund types and look at example cashbook and importance of fund/ project tracking. Discuss how this works in practice with computerised packages
- Group session around what constitutes best practice management account content and review what management might like to see v trustees at board meetings
- Interpretation of accounts – overview of cash basis v accruals basis followed by example accounts exercise, group discussion and then key pointers/ things to look for – revenue recognition, cut-off principles etc.
- Budgets/ forecasting – overview of how to create and examples of excel-based budgeting
Who should attend?
Managers new to budget holding, fundraisers and project managers in charities.
*Please note this course is for non-profit organisations only*