Who can be a member of CFG?
There are two types of membership at CFG – charity and corporate. We currently have over 1,400 charity members who turn to us for up-to-date knowledge and information, networking opportunities and the chance to develop their skills - none of which would be possible without the help of our corporate members.
Our corporate membership offers a brilliant way for a wide range of experts such as accountants, lawyers, banks and IT firms, to position their company as a trusted expert with a commitment to the charity sector.
Grow your network
Many of our charity members value the opportunity to meet with those in similar roles at other charities; to make contacts, share experiences, and learn from one another at the many events and courses in the CFG calendar.
In addition, our corporate members add extra value to this network, providing their expertise, funding and time through speaking at events, writing publications and articles, sponsorship, training and running our member helplines. This dual membership model gives both parties a unique platform to gain a better insight and understanding of the finance issues the other sector is facing.
Benefits to charities
If you work in a finance role at a charity, or in a role that may be affected by financial matters, you’ll find many benefits to joining CFG. Here are just a few – head to our charity membership page to find out more:
- You’ll save your charity money – always a priority for finance professionals! Reclaim the cost of your membership through Third Sector recruitment ads and receive early bird discounts on training and events
- You’ll be in the picture – through our monthly Finance First magazine, regular briefing and our Annual Handbook
- You’ll be connected – through our regular members’ meetings and Special Interest Group meetings, and expert help from our corporate members on our member-only helplines
- You’ll be the first to know – stay in touch with our free downloadable resources and weekly job bulletin.
Find out more about charity membership
Benefits to corporates
By working with our charity members, corporate members become part of the largest charity finance community in the UK. Not only does this introduce them to potential clients, they can also see first-hand the challenges charities face, enabling them to refine their services to their charity clients’ needs.
Here are a few of the key benefits for corporates – head to our corporate membership page to find out more:
- Improve your network - free attendance at 10 member’s meetings a year in London and six across the North, Midlands and Southwest and Wales, providing a great networking opportunity.
- Stay informed – members receive a subscription to the monthly CFG magazine and e-newsletter, Finance Focus, keeping you informed about the key issues in charity finance and management.
- Raise your profile – get discounted rates and a two-week early booking window for exhibition stands at our conferences (which often sell out within a couple of days). You can also sponsor our events and publications, an excellent way of raising your profile and underlining your commitment to the sector.
- Contribute your knowledge - contribute to our online document library which is frequently used by our members, and suggest topics and speakers for the many events we put on each year.
Find out more about corporate membership