This intensive half day seminar is designed to give participants a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of charity investment, as well as their responsibilities as finance managers or trustees.
We aim to provide attendees with an outline of charity finance, their obligations with this and how to make responsible decisions regarding charity investments.
This is a solid introduction to investment for individuals who are new to this area or the charity sector, or those who would like to refresh their knowledge. The course is open to charities only, and suitable for anyone in the finance function responsible for investments, as well as charity trustees and CEOs.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- Decision making about charity funds
- ‘Must do’ (legal) and ‘should do’ (best practice)
- The Authority of Trustees
- The Trustee Act 2000
- The General Power of Investment
- Why Charities Own Investments
- Analysis of Major Asset Categories – What drives returns?
- Creation of a Strategic Investment Policy
- Enacting an Investment Policy
- Monitoring Your Investments