We help charities achieve their goals and thrive in a commercial world
We act for over 250 charities including the UK’s largest charities by assets and turnover.
Balancing your commercial and charitable goals
Unlike the traditional firms that focus solely on charities, our experts are part of a full service firm with broad experience across the commercial sector and international markets. At the same time as delivering your commercial goals, we can help you run an ethical organisation, manage your reputation and ultimately achieve a public good.
Aligned strengths mean smarter advice
Mills & Reeve is a national leader in healthcare, education and research. This combined expertise means we offer pragmatic commercial solutions that will work in the sector you work in.
Other strengths within our charity team include conservation, cultural institutions and learned/membership societies.
How we can help
Our charities team is part of a full service firm with broad experience across the commercial sector and international markets. This means you get complete answers and best practice from across sectors. This includes:
Banking and finance | capital projects | charity and corporate governance | child protection | commercial contracts | dispute resolution and litigation | employment and pensions | health and safety | insurance | intellectual property | it | outsourcing | planning and construction | probate – including disputes | property | public law | tax | trademarks and brand protection
What our clients and others say about us
• Chambers UK ranks us in the top tier for charity law, noting our “highly-reputed charity law expertise with strong commercial law capabilities“.
• Legal 500 also ranks us highly, praising our “helpful and knowledgeable” experts.
• Clients praise our "extraordinarily helpful, extremely prompt service … [the team] assists on the law and also on the strategy”.
Legal resources you may find useful
• See our charities legal updates and publications
• Fusion: Bringing together the latest public, private and charity law news for the education sector in our education law blog.
Sign up to our HR webinars here
Get in touch:
Neil Burton, Head of Charities, Partner
T: 01223 222455 | E: email@example.com